Saturday, September 22, 2012

It's Soup Time!!

Today has been a lazy day. Maybe it has to do with the chilly fall weather we are having or maybe because it's Saturday and that means we need to catch up on our laziness for the week. I don't know what it is but I do know that I didn't really know what to make for dinner tonight. The arrival of fall helped me decide we wanted/needed soup. It is chilly in our apartment and I refuse to turn on the heat, It's not THAT cold yet (as I refuse to get out from under my warm fuzzy blanket.) Anyway, I decided on soup but want kind of soup. Well digging through our pantry I decided something with quinoa. I <3 quinoa! It's nutty and crunchy and absorbs any flavor perfectly but I've never made a soup with it. So I go to pinterest (like I usually do when I'm thinking what to make) and there are several quinoa soup recipes but I couldn't find any that were simple enough my lazy self. So I raided my fridge and came up with a few local carrots and dino kale! Those can go in soup! Woot Woot! So I grabbed some homemade broth from my freezer that I made from chicken bones and scraps a couple weeks ago. So tonight Simple Kale-Quinoa Soup was born! It was yummy and hit the spot for a chilly night like tonight. I love how rich the chicken broth is in soups, it just makes a simple soup complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment